In meetings of the pastoral council, the pastor presides. That means that he does the consulting, shapes the agenda, and receives the recommendations of the councillors. For more information, click on one of the links below:
- Presider. That’s the term that canon law uses to describe the pastor’s role.
- Consultation. The pastor who clearly states what he is consulting about helps the council.
- Ministry. Service on the pastoral council means more than leadership.
- Consultative only? Pastors consult to put the wisdom of the people at the service of the parish.
- Priest shortage. Councils can help the parish prepare for fewer priests.